· On the Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website or UconX.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· UconX offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by UconX or any third party (including UconX’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
· any third party (including UconX’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. UconX does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If UconX learns UconX has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, UconX will delete that information. If you believe UconX might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
3. Information UconX Collects About You and How UconX Collects It
UconX collects several types of information from and about users of UconX’s Website, including information:
· by which you may be personally identified, either alone or in combination with other information available to us, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, age, background photos of yourself, or other personal information, as further defined under applicable laws (“Personal Information”);
· that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as automatically recorded times and dates of visits to the Website; and/or
· about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access UconX’s Website and usage details.
UconX collects this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, UconX’s business partners.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. The information UconX collects on or through UconX’s Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on UconX’s Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use UconX’s Website, subscribing to UconX’s service, posting material, or requesting further services. UconX may also ask you for information when you report a problem with UconX’s Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that UconX might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through UconX’s Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through UconX’s Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although UconX limits access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, UconX cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, UconX cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
(b) Information UconX Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with UconX’s Website, UconX may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to UconX’s Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information UconX collects automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or UconX may maintain it or associate it with personal information UconX collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve UconX’s Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate UconX’s audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing UconX to customize UconX’s Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to UconX’s Website.
The technologies UconX use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of UconX’s Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on UconX’s Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see 7. Choices About How UconX Uses and Discloses Your Information, below.
· Web Beacons. Pages of UconX’s Website and UconX’s e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit UconX, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
UconX does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see 7. Choices About How UconX Uses and Discloses Your Information, below.
5. How UconX Uses Your Information
UconX uses information that UconX collects about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present UconX’s Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To Improve your experience using the Website
· To allow you to post content to the Website
· To allow you to interact with other users
· To allow you to participate in promotions and programs on the Website
· To provide information or services you have requested
· To process or maintain your registration on the Website
· To facilitate advertisements on the Website
· To adapt the services of UconX’s network and community to your needs
· To research the effectiveness of UconX’s network and community
· To develop new tools for UconX’s network and community.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out UconX’s obligations and enforce UconX’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and UconX, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to UconX’s Website or any products or services UconX offers or provides though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on UconX’s Website.
· In any other way UconX may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
UconX may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email UconX at: firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe. For more information, see 7. Choices About How UconX Uses and Discloses Your Information.
UconX may use the information UconX has collected from you to enable UconX to display advertisements to UconX’s advertisers’ target audiences. Even though UconX does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
UconX may disclose aggregated information about UconX’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To UconX’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties UconX uses to support UconX’s business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which UconX discloses it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of UconX’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by UconX about UconX’s Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see 7. Choices About How UconX Uses and Discloses Your Information.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
UconX may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If UconX believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of UconX, UconX’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Choices About How UconX Uses and Discloses Your Information
UconX strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. UconX has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. UconX currently does not use Third-Party Advertising for any purpose.
· UconX does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of UconX’s Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding UconX’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: email@example.com or write us at: 5036 W 68th Ave., Unit 2, CO 80030.
9. Data Security
UconX has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where UconX has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of UconX’s Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. UconX asks you not to share your password with anyone. UconX urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. UconX cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to UconX’s Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. UconX is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
13. Contact Information